Haas confirm Kevin Magnussen and Romain Grosjean for F1 2020

Crystal Palace say they have taken action over racist abuse of Wilfried Zaha on social media
November 19, 2019
Ashes 2019: Steve Smith is devoted to batting more than anybody else, says David Gower
November 19, 2019

Haas confirm Kevin Magnussen and Romain Grosjean for F1 2020

Haas have confirmed they are keeping both Kevin Magnussen and Romain Grosjean to get F1 2020, ending speculation regarding their motorist line-up.
The decision, which Haas boss Guenther Steiner admits was made in the interest of”adventure” and”continuity”, means Magnussen and Grosjean will input a fourth year as team-mates despite a troubled 2019 season.
In addition, it rules out a potential landing place for many motorists, after being axed by Renault, such as Nico Hulkenberg who targeted the chair.
Will it function as Lewis vs Max in Singapore?
F1 motorist line-ups and 2020 race calendar
“Experience, and also the demand for it, has been one of the cornerstones of Haas F1 Team, and with Romain Grosjean along with Kevin Magnussen rushing for the group from 2020, we continue to have a driver lineup that provides us a solid platform to continue our expansion,” said Steiner.
“Their understanding of how we operate as a group, and our knowledge of what they can deliver supporting the wheel, gives us a valued goodwill and a solid foundation to keep building our team about.
“It’s been a challenging year for us in 2019 using the fluctuation in performance of this VF-19, however our ability to tap in our joint experiences will help us understand, enhance, and move ahead as a device at 2020.”
Haas opt despite 2019 for continuity
Haas completed fifth in only their F1 season but will be just perceptible in the Constructors’ Championship at 2019. Their drivers, meanwhile, have clashed on-track.
However, Grosjean, who combined Haas ahead of the debut campaign in 2016, is thrilled to continue to keep his place.
“I’ve always stated that it was my desire to stay with Haas F1 Team and continue building on the group’s achievements,” said the Frenchman.
“Having been here since the very beginning and observed the job both Gene Haas and Guenther Steiner placed into the group to ensure it is competitive, I’m naturally very happy to continue to be a part of the.
“We’ve had our struggles this season, but we will use the experience of last year and this season to move ahead into 2020. I’m excited about working with Kevin and the entire team and ongoing journey together.”
Magnussen added:”Nobody’s satisfied with the 2019 year has performed, but the decision to turn things around is very much in evidence.
“I am grateful the team have consistently believed in me and what I can bring to the table. We share a common goal and together with Romain, I will be giving it my on-track for the rest of the season and to 2020.”
What now for Hulkenberg?
Haas’ announcement means there are five seats One in Red Bull alongside Max Verstappen remaining over the F1 2020 grid, one at Alfa Romeo, one at Williams, along with two at Toro Rosso.
The options are so restricted especially since Antonio Giovinazzi is place to continue to keep his location as well as drivers will almost certainly fill the Toro Rosso places.
Supplying he needs a seat for 2020 will surely therefore be targeting the Red Bull drive – though the group would rather promote from within.
Alex Albon is now Verstappen after stepping in for the Pierre’s team-mate Gasly mid-season.
Do not miss the rest of the Formula 1 season on Sky Sports F1. Find out more here to subscribe

Read more here: http://www.twistercomm.com/?p=132384